Mom Solo Retreat @ Hotel
Time & Location
About the Event
What if you could have 24 hours to yourself? An opportunity to hit the pause button on being responsible for everyone else in your home. To enjoy some alone time at a hotel and just be you taking care of you.
This Mom Solo Retreat Getaway is for you!
The purpose of this Solo Retreat is to step away from your daily routines, decompress and care for yourself with the gift of meaningful support along the way. It is more about supported solo time than coming to participate in a retreat schedule. It is about doing less, so you can be more of you.
- Overnight stay at Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West
- Located within walking distance of scenic Highland Park Reserve trails and Mt Normandale Lake
- Early check in at 2:00pm plus a later checkout at noon
- Full continental breakfast with hot food options
- Hotel ammenities include pool room with hot tub and fitness room
- Curated solo retreat experience with Digital Guidebook for pandemic-weary moms
- Private 25-minute session with Certified Pilates Trainer Dannell Shu (details below) Choose from three session types all via Zoom from the comfort of your hotel room
- Bedtime meditation session for moms on retreat, via Zoom (details below)
- Retreat Toolkit with surprises
All Covid safety procedures will be taken to allow for Moms along the full spectrum of Covid precautions and needs to participate. The Hampton Inn offers a high level of safety measures in the cleaning protocols and distanced in-person interactions. Read the full details of their Hilton CleanStay program.
Many hotels in the Twin Cities metro have shifted from being a hotel to being part hotel, part shelter by offering rooms to homeless people and families. This is an important resource being made to people in need. The Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West is not a hybrid hotel. They have decided to remain a hotel.
For moms who desire a mix of solo time and girlfriend time, we encourage you to invite a mom-friend to sign up for this retreat. Each of you will have a private hotel room. You can use your own discretion regarding how/when you will interact.
Curated Solo Retreat experience with Toolkit and Digital Guidebook
When you check into the hotel, you will receive a Retreat Toolkit to use and enjoy during your time away. You will be emailed a private link to a Digital Guidebook specifically designed for moms. In the Toolkit and Digitial Guidebook you will find a variety of resources for your solo retreat. You can customize your retreat experience through how and when you engage these options.
Private Session with Certified Pilates Trainer Dannell Shu
This scheduled 1:1 session via Zoom is all about receiving support for your needs while on retreat. No previous Pilates epxerience needed. Choose from one of three options.
1. Table Time - A safe space for you to speak honestly about your motherhood journey with supported, grace-filedl listening
2. Restorative Pilates Mat - Pilates movements designed to center you back into your body, unwind tension and expand breathing
3. Activating Pilates Mat - Pilates movements designed to activate your core, lengthen your spine, and coordinate your breathing
Note: You will have the opportunity to schedule your session time in advance of your retreat arrival. For your safety, if you are not currently an Elevate Pilates client, a brief intake form will need to be completed and signed in advance of the retreat. All retreat participants will sign a liability release and waiver.
Bedtime Meditation Gathering
On Saturday evening all of the moms also on solo retreat will gather via Zoom for an opportunity to decompress before bedtime. Dannell will guide you through a Pilates-based body-mind meditation designed to help you transition into a more peaceful relaxed body.
The hotel provides free WiFi. You will need to bring a smart phone, iPad/tablet, or laptop to access the Zoom sessions and the Digital Guidebook.
Here's the beautiful thing about this retreat, you get to eat whatever you want, without anyone interrupting you. Go ahead, take a moment to dream about it.... Breakfast on Sunday morning is included. The hotel provides a range of cold and hot food options for you to pick up and eat in your room. All other meals are on your own. It is recommended you bring your meals or order food delivery to the hotel. An in-room refrigerator is available. Oh and feel free to take yourself out to lunch on Sunday before you head home (or go shopping)!
- Some of the resources included in the Digitial Guidebook will be Christian faith-focused
- At time of check-in, the hotel will ask for a credit/debit card. They require a hold on your card in the event you choose to make additional purchases during your stay. The hold amount is $50 and will be removed after check-out.
- Yes, you can purchase more than one ticket to this event and choose to gift the additional ticket to a mom-friend.
- Each retreat overnight has limited tickets. Be sure to get your ticket while available.