Mom Solo Retreat @ Home
Time & Location
About the Event
What if you could have 24 hours to yourself? An opportunity to hit the pause button on being responsible for everyone else in your home. To enjoy some alone time at home and send your family off to a hotel for the night. To be home alone, just you taking care of you.
This Mom Solo Retreat is for you!
The purpose of this Solo Retreat is to step away from your daily routines, decompress and care for yourself with the gift of meaningful support along the way. It is more about supported solo time than participating in an online retreat schedule. It is about doing less so you can be more of you.
What's included for you:
- Extended alone time at home
- Curated solo retreat experience with Digital Guidebook for pandemic-weary moms
- Private 25-minute session with Certified Pilates Trainer Dannell Shu (details below) Choose from three types, all via Zoom, from the comfort of your home
- Bedtime gathering session for moms on retreat, via Zoom (details below)
- Retreat Toolkit with surprises mailed to your home
What's included for your family:
- Overnight stay at Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West, one room with two queen beds
- Located within walking distance of scenic Highland Park Reserve trails and Mt. Normandale Lake
- Hotel ammenities include pool room with hot tub and fitness room
- Check in at 3:00pm, check out at 11:00am
- Full continental breakfast with hot food options
For moms who desire a mix of solo time and girlfriend time, we encourage you to invite a mom-friend to sign up for this retreat. You can use your own discretion regarding how/when you will connect and interact.
Curated Solo Retreat Experience with Toolkit and Digital Guidebook
A Retreat Toolkit will be mailed to your home in advance of your retreat date. You will be provided with a private link to a Digital Guidebook specificlly designed for pandemic-weary moms. In the Toolkit and Digital Guidebook you will find a variety of resources for your solo retreat. You can customize your retreat experience through how and when you engage these options.
Private Session with Certified Pilates Trainer Dannell Shu
This scheduled 1:1 session via Zoom is all about receiving support for your needs while on retreat. No previous Pilates experience needed. Choose from one of three options.
1. Table Time - A safe space for you to speak honestly about your motherhood journey with supported, grace-fill listening
2. Resotrative Pilates Mat - Pilates movements designed to center you back into your body, unwind tension and expand breathing
3. Activating Pilates Mat - Pilates movements designed to activate your core, lengthen your spine, and coordinate your breathing
Note: You will have the opportunity to schedule your session time in advance of your retreat arrival. For your safety, if you are not currently an Elevate Pilates client, a brief intake form will need to be completed and signed in advance of the retreat. A liability waiver and release form is required for all retreat participants.
On Friday evening all of the moms also on solo retreat will gather via Zoom for an opportunity to decompress before bedtime. Dannell will guide you through a Pilates-based body-mind meditation designed to help you transition into a more peaceful relaxed body.
You will need to have WiFi access and a smart phone, iPad/tablet, or computer to access the Zoom sessions and the Digital Guidebook.
Here's the beautiful thing about this retreat, you get to eat whatever you want, without anyone interrupting you. Go ahead, take a moment to dream about it.... Pick up some favorites from the grocery story, get take-out from the deli, or order from your favorite restaurant for delivery. You get to choose!
For your family, breakfast on Saturday morning is included. The hotel provides a range of cold and hot food options for them to pick up and eat in their room. All other meals are on their own and an in-room refrigerator is available. Oh and feel free to have Dad take the kids out to lunch on Saturday and bring home take out for dinner. It's an easy way to extend your retreat time.
All Covid safety procedures will be taken to allow for Families along the full spectrum of Covid precautions and needs to participate. The Hampton Inn offers a high level of safety measures in the cleaning protocols and distanced in-person interactions. Read the full details of their Hilton CleanStay program. This includes private scheduled access to the fitness room and pool room with hot tub.
Many hotels in the Twin Cities metro have shifted from being a hotel to being part hotel part shelter by offering rooms to homeless people and families. This is an important resource being made to people in need. The Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West is not a hybrid hotel. They have decided to remain a hotel.
Fitness Room & Pool Room with Hot Tub
When your Family checks into the hotel, or any time during their stay, they can schedule a 30-minute time to use these facilities. They will have private access, with no interruptions, during their scheduled time.
- We are offering three different Mom Solo Retreats. Friday's overnight is for moms who want to stay home and send their family to the hotel. Saturday's overnight is for moms who want to get away at a hotel / she-shed and let their family stay home.
- Yes, you can sign up for both and get 48 hours of solo time.
- Some of the resources included in the Digitial Guidebook will be Christian faith-focused
- At time of check-in, the hotel will ask for a credit/debit card. They require a hold on your card in the event you choose to make additional purchases during your stay. The hold amount is $50 and will be removed after check-out.
- Yes, you can purchase more than one ticket to this event and choose to gift the additional ticket to a mom-friend
- Each retreat overnight has limited tickets. Be sure to get your ticket while available.
- Mom Solo Retreat @Home 6/11/21$175$1750$0